Inspired by Everyday Paleo’s Blackberry Cobbler recipe, this is our “go-to” dessert whenever we have company for dinner, or have to bring a dish to a potluck. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, 40 minutes to bake, and it’s so delicious that nobody will even miss the sugar!
2 x 600g bags of unsweetened, frozen fruit (berries or bite-sized pieces work best)
1 large egg
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp honey (use up to 3 tbsp if you like your crumble topping sweeter)
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2-3 cups almond flour*
2 cups unsweetened dried coconut (I use one cup of ribbon cut and one cup of shredded)
1 cup crushed walnut pieces
cinnamon to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Dump both bags of frozen fruit into a 9 x 15″ baking dish.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together egg, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and salt.
4. Add 2 cups almond flour, dried coconut, walnut pieces and cinnamon.
5. With your hands, mix the ingredients together until you have a relatively dry, crumbly dough.
*Add more almond flour, as necessary.
6. Using your hands, crumble the dough over the top of the frozen fruit, in a shallow, even layer.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the crumble topping is dry and slightly browned.
Serve plain, or drizzled with coconut milk.